4 years ago
8 replies
Terms:
carolinew
4 Aug 2010 - 12:51pm
usabilitymedic

Re: [IxDA] Information Architect, Freelance

Hi Jenny,

This sounds like a great opportunity and a good fit for my skills. How soon do they need someone? Also, how old are the credentials you have for me?

Best, Maureen Murphy President

4 Aug 2010 - 12:26pm
Erin Myers
4 Aug 2010 - 9:11am
3 years ago
21 replies
alisonboncha

Instructions in UI: Always a bad thing?

Are having quick or simple instructions in a UI necessarily a bad thing? Or, should it be assumed that if a UI needs any sort of instructions, then it is a bad experience?

4 Aug 2010 - 8:13am
Stew Dean

Re: [IxDA] Wireframes and prototypes: a waste of time?

Hi Nancy,
It's not unusual for developers just to want a functional specification to build from, that's what they need.  BUT wireframes are functional specifications most of the time (if highly detailed). Prototypes are useful for all kinds of things but if you throwing stuff over the wall they're a supporting output not the core out put.
A word document with annotated diagrams explaining what happens if button A is pressed is essentially the same thing as a fully annotated wireframe but displayed differently. 

4 Aug 2010 - 6:34am
4 years ago
1 reply
rsatyajit77

How UX professionals solve fundamental business and consumer problems ?

How UX professionals  solve fundamental business and consumer problems

4 Aug 2010 - 5:36am
James Page
4 Aug 2010 - 2:10am
Bruce Melendy

Business analysis, functional design, and governance

Greetings,

Working with a project manager who's insisting that BAs - or people who analyze and document requirements - should not also be the same people who do functional design (which by the way 'doesn't exist' according to him - he's nothing if not opinionated) - something to do with a governance conflict. The issue seems to be that the same person should not do requirements and functional (ie solution) design, as this creates a conflict of interest or accountability.

4 Aug 2010 - 1:03am
4 years ago
5 replies
Steve Baty

Core77 article - The Strategic arc of interaction design

An article of mine was published by core77 yesterday and I'm interested in hearing your reactions. Does the article resonate with you? What did I miss? Get wrong/right?

Designers of interactions have the opportunity to move their purview beyond the shallow plane of interaction into the design of systems, organisational capability and culture; to tackle very complex problems and affect profound and lasting change.

The article is available here: http://bit.ly/dxG5J9

Let me know what you think.

Steve