Discussion Archive: June 2010

25 Jun 2010 - 3:47pm
bitpakkit

Enterprise RIA/UX role

I have an atypical UX role open on my team here at Adobe.

25 Jun 2010 - 10:22am
Lisa Goldberg

Re: [IxDA] I have a dream UX job, here is what i did to get it

Luke,

When I review candidates for UX jobs it's all about the portfolio. You need more pieces that demonstrate your applicable skills in the UX work you want to do. Specifically, deliverables in the skills you mention on your site: wire-framing, walkthroughs, persona development, and prototyping.

Internships are a great way to get experience. I would also suggest doing volunteer projects.

25 Jun 2010 - 6:54am
+1
3 years ago
22 replies
LukeLucas
25 Jun 2010 - 3:46am
3 years ago
2 replies
Luca Rosati

Summer schools on UI - UX

Hi all, I'm looking for summer schools on the topic of UI or UX (not limited to the web but embracing also internet of things, home automation) for Italian university students, better if in Europe.

Have you some suggestions?

Thanks in advance Luca

-- Luca Rosati http://pervasiveia.com

25 Jun 2010 - 2:48am
Wirelessapps

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Anyone with Wordpress Experience

Info.wirelessapps@gmail.com

On 6/24/10 9:30 PM, "Vibor Cipan" wrote:

> Sure, > > What's your e-mail so I can send it? > >   > > Thanks, > >   > > v. > > (((Please leave all content below this line))) > ________________________________________________________________ > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA) Discussion! > Manage Account .......... http://www.ixda.org/user/36633/notifications > Discussion Guidelines ..........

25 Jun 2010 - 12:46am
38 weeks ago
5 replies
ravi.munireddy

What process you follow to develop a UI for an Intranet application?

Hi Every one,

What process do you follow to develop a UI for a intranet application from scratch and you have to rely on a single &  very high level requirements document,  and there is no other source of input [not even from Users / Stackholder]...except Internet and you are new to the domain.

I know my question is unrealistic but this was aksed to me in an interview by a Product Manager.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi

24 Jun 2010 - 9:00pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Wirelessapps

Re: [IxDA] Anyone with Wordpress Experience

Thanks Vibor, please send me links to your portfolio.

Anil

On 6/24/10 6:16 PM, "Vibor Cipan" wrote:

> vcATfatduxDOTcom

--

24 Jun 2010 - 6:55pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Wirelessapps

Anyone with Wordpress Experience

Hi,

I'm looking for a UI Designer that is interested in bringing their design skills to the corporate world. I have a wordpress theme setup, but I would like to restructure it, add content and make it eyecatching. Anyone looking looking for opportunities, to gain some skills, build on their portfolio and work with a professional may apply with a link to their portfolio. If i'm happy with the work, you will be contacted for future employment opportunities. If your interested, please reply with a link to your portfolio.

Best Regards

Anil.

24 Jun 2010 - 6:55pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Wirelessapps

Anyone with Wordpress Experience

Hi,

I'm looking for a UI Designer that is interested in bringing their design skills to the corporate world. I have a wordpress theme setup, but I would like to restructure it, add content and make it eyecatching. Anyone looking looking for opportunities, to gain some skills, build on their portfolio and work with a professional may apply with a link to their portfolio. If i'm happy with the work, you will be contacted for future employment opportunities. If your interested, please reply with a link to your portfolio.

Best Regards

Anil.

24 Jun 2010 - 4:51pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Moses Wolfenstein

Re: [IxDA] RE: [IxDA] ATM interaction design

First off I just wanted to mention it's nice to have the excuse to talk about ATMs in terms of usability. Like the microwave discussion, this sort of thing makes me really happy I joined this listserv.