Discussion Archive: June 2010

2 Jun 2010 - 7:18am
keeverfrye

Top 8 things you didn’t know SharePoint could do: Turbocharging your SharePoint implementation

Top 8 things you didn’t know SharePoint could do: Turbocharging your SharePoint implementation

Format: Free Webinar

Instructor: Steve Hamilton,  Principal Software Engineer,  e.magination

1 Jun 2010 - 11:40pm
3 years ago
5 replies
Puja

Any HCI-Interaction design in Zurich

Dear friends,

Is there any Interaction design/Human computer Interaction in Zurich, Switzerland for Research/ Phd level?
 Any one in Zurich can tell me about the local Interaction community?

Regards,

Puja R

1 Jun 2010 - 9:18pm
KathyAlberts

Re: [IxDA] Director of User Experience/Lead Designer

Please send to me: kathy@speeddate.com. I look forward to receiving your resume.

Thanks,
Kathy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 08:26 AM
To: kathy@speeddate.com
Subject: Re: [IxDA] Director of User Experience/Lead Designer
1 Jun 2010 - 3:11pm
adityadipankar

Re: [IxDA] Wireframe Stencils for Nokia 240*320 Mobile Device?? Anyone

No problem man,

Also, most of the icons (if that's what you're looking for, are pretty easy to create in illustrator.
I'm currently working on an official (confidential project) which has resulted in me developing icons and interface elements for the same.

Let me know if you're willing to contribute and share to build up a library :)

Regards,
Aditya

1 Jun 2010 - 3:10pm
Nils-Erik Gustafsson

Re: [IxDA] master in interaction design programs

The two-year Master Programme at the Umeå School of Design is really good, attracts students from all over the world. and exists since 1996 (!). I highly recommend it! (And I'm one of the many guest teachers there... ;-)

See

http://www.dh.umu.se/default.asp?ml=10447

http://loop1.aiga.org/documents/edition005/umeaprofile/05_umea_prof.pdf

and the students' own web site

www.interactiondesign.se

1 Jun 2010 - 2:07pm
David Scharn

RE: [IxDA] Speaker for a Usability lecture at a large corporate event?

Hi Deb,

Can you describe the audience for this talk? Will your speaker address financial institution senior management, product managers, software developers, designers, all of the above? What is the purpose of the talk? What's the occasion? Defining the audience and purpose will help us make more meaningful recommendations for a speaker.

Dave Scharn

1 Jun 2010 - 12:25pm
dawa riley

Portland UX/IA/ID oppportunities

Oops, I accidentally sent a reply to a specific job in Portland to the list.My bad.
If anyone in the Portland area knows of any IA/ID/UX positions or events,please let me know.
Thanks!

1 Jun 2010 - 11:16am
4 years ago
4 replies
Debra Herschmann5

Speaker for a Usability lecture at a large corporate event?

I'm trying to identify a well known Usability expert to present to a large Technology organization in the financial sector. Looking for someone with good name recognition and respect in the software development community, but not someone who is likely to already have been seen / heard by many people. A few people have recommended Alan Cooper and Bill Buxton but I've never heard either of them speak. Do you have comments or suggestions?

Thank you!
Debra

1 Jun 2010 - 10:29am
Paul Coulton

Re: [IxDA] Wireframe Stencils for Nokia 240*320 Mobile Device?? Anyone

Heres a link to S60 stencils

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/cfc7b6a4-2dc5-4c91-88a5-c35764fff8fe/S60_Wireframing_Stencils.html

Dr Paul Coulton Forum Nokia Champion Forum Nokia Innovation Network: Mobile Experiences Group Infolab21 Lancaster University www.mobileradicals.com

1 Jun 2010 - 10:09am
4 years ago
4 replies
shkd

master in interaction design programs

Hi everyone,
My name is Avner and I'm an experienced web designer located in Israel.
I'm looking for a good master program in interaction design - anywhere in the world.
I read some threads but a lot of them are out of date and I have plenty of questions.
The first big issue is that I don't have a proper bachelor degree. I learned visual communication for 4 years (diploma studies) and I have a strong portfolio and work experience.
Unfortunately the price of studying is crucial because my budget is low.