Discussion Archive: June 2010

2 Jun 2010 - 9:04pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Kimberley Rivero

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Hotel Home Page Sneak peek

Hey Iaax - How's it going man? I have to agree with abhishekbhor. I think the old version has more personality and has a "signature look" which is important for hotel branding, while the new one is much more usable, more corporate and ultimately a little boring. I would stick with the new layout but add some spice, give the background a pattern, make more use of color, give people something to remember.

And if you want my full opinion you've got my number.

Best, Kim

2 Jun 2010 - 5:46pm
jonesabi

[EVENT] Collaboration: Designing the future of how we work, play, live, and learn together

Join us at 7pm next Tuesday, June 8th at PARC in Palo Alto, CA for an evening with User Experience experts from Cisco, hosted by Lin Brown, Ph.D., Cisco User Experience Director

User Experience experts from several Cisco teams will discuss design techniques and lessons learned in applying today’s and tomorrow’s technologies to collaboration. These technologies will change the way we work, play, live, and learn. By designing great collaboration user experiences, BayCHI UX professionals are playing a part in changing the world.

2 Jun 2010 - 4:21pm
Chicago IxDA4

[EVENT Reminder] RSVP for June 9th Event @ Institute of Design - Brains, Behavior & Design Workshop

This is a week from tonight! We still have some spots for this fun and innovative workshop

Brains, Behavior & Design Workshop

hotstudio1

JOB: Hot Studio New York is hiring a Principal of Strategy!

Please visit http://www.ixda.org/jobs/principal-strategy/25478 for more information.

2 Jun 2010 - 3:43pm
Diego Moya

Re: [IxDA] Best practices for designing Terms and Conditions/Customer Agreement Interactions

On 17 May 2010 22:53, Dustin Kirk wrote: > If you actually give a crap about communicating terms and conditions to > users, you will want to think about the big picture.

2 Jun 2010 - 3:20pm
4 years ago
2 replies
abhishekbhor

Re: [IxDA] Hotel Home Page Sneak peek

Hi Laax
Personally speaking on look-n-feel, I like the previous one better for it cultural presence which closely links to the resort video on website. The new one looks very corporate in nature, also looks little dull & too spread out to me. On the other hand, Information layout is definitely better in the new one and is easier to find.
ThanksA

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM, iaaxpage <iaax@sidware.com> wrote:

mabrown4615

Sr. User Experience Architect

Job title: Sr. User Experience Architect 

Employer: Oracle in the Oracle.com User Experience Group

How to apply: Email resume and cover letter ocom.jobs@gmail.com

2 Jun 2010 - 11:45am
4 years ago
19 replies
iaaxpage

Hotel Home Page Sneak peek

Hi guys,

I am about to release a new home page for one of my company clients. I will like to share it with you. In case that you have some feedback on it, please comment.

The Original Home page is this one http://haciendatresrios.com

And we are going to change it for this new one http://www.haciendatresrios.com/project/

Of course we are going to change the whole site, but this prototype is for the client to decide wether they like it or not. 

2 Jun 2010 - 9:29am
4 years ago
1 reply
DrWex

Re: [IxDA] The Next Generation of Flash User Experience

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:19 AM, nixkuroi wrote: > Just so you all know, a project called "Smokescreen" has been created and > will, on the fly, convert SWF (even with Actionscript bytecode) into HTML > 5/SVG. > > Info here:  http://smokescreen.us/ [1]

That's an interesting proof-of-concept. Right now it's unusably slow, which I suppose is what you get for on-the-fly bytecode munging. I have doubts as to whether you'd ever be able to do the kind of high-speed real-time stuff that people write Flash/FLEX for, but possibly a cross-compiler would work.

2 Jun 2010 - 8:18am
keeverfrye

Top 8 things you didn’t know SharePoint could do: Turbocharging your SharePoint implementation

Top 8 things you didn’t know SharePoint could do: Turbocharging your SharePoint implementation

Format: Free Webinar

Instructor: Steve Hamilton,  Principal Software Engineer,  e.magination