Discussion Archive: June 2010

10 Jun 2010 - 8:19pm
3 years ago
2 replies
NOIXD

Need help with process flow

Just starting a discussion if anyone can help me define an comprehensive UX or IxD organization process flow. Any input on this discussion would be gladly appreciated. Problem came about because working with other deparments while implementing UX has been not been operating smoothly. Is there any sites or other resources where I can get more information about a process flow from kickoff all the way to launch stating which departments handle certain type of deliverables and requirements but focusing more from a UX POV.

10 Jun 2010 - 2:00pm
+1
Dan Saffer

[PLUG] Device Design Day

I'm pleased to announce Device Design Day: a one-day conference for designers of consumer electronics, appliances, mobile devices, and objects with embedded technology, hosted by Kicker Studio.

D3 brings together visual, interaction, and industrial designers for a high-quality experience and expert content that is a mix of practical and inspirational from some of the best speakers and thinkers in the field.

We’ve lined up some great speakers, including:

• Mike Kuniavsky, author of the upcoming Smart Things: Ubiquitous Computing User Experience Design
  • Julian Bleecker, artist and tec
10 Jun 2010 - 12:57pm
3 years ago
4 replies
Nike Global Des...

Other Great Networking Sites?

Good morning & good afternoon to some of you-

10 Jun 2010 - 12:52pm
Nike Global Des...

Other great networking sites?

My apologies, user error!  It looks like this got posted twice-

Thanks again- Björn

10 Jun 2010 - 7:45am
+1
DrWex

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Ang.: [IxDA] improvement request :: add jobs mailing list

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:34 AM, elvenmuse wrote: > There's no justification for receiving Job posts here.

This is a remarkably parochial and unprofessional view. Would you, as a usability professional, examine your own needs, conclude that a feature does not fit those needs, and then declare that there is "no justification" for that feature?

You have actual real users (of this list) in front of you giving actual real reasons this feature is useful to us.

10 Jun 2010 - 6:36am
usabilitymedic

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] improvement request :: add jobs mailing list

Thanks so much, Dave. I will look into this when I get a chance. Maureen Murphy President

10 Jun 2010 - 6:33am
usabilitymedic

Re: [IxDA] improvement request :: add jobs mailing list

Hopefully this can be of some help to some of you while IXDA works on an improved solution.

I use the Rules function of Apple Mail to filter the list to the items I want to see. (In my case, the rules function automatically archives the discussion list items b/c I read them on my iphone but keeps the job postings in my inbox. This has saved me tons of time in terms of reading/managing/purging my inbox.

9 Jun 2010 - 7:30pm
3 years ago
9 replies
R. E. Moran

Re: [IxDA] Career Shift

The Graphic designers makes no sense and neither does the author
making suck a stupid statement. I totally agree with Andrei on this one. On Jun 9, 2010, at 4:33 PM, Andrei wrote:

> "Graphic designers and computer science do not have the skills to
> think about user interaction." Not true. Not sure why one even make
> such a claim. -Andrei > (((Please leave all content below this line))) > ________________________________________________________________ > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA) Discussion! > Manage Account ..........

9 Jun 2010 - 6:56pm
3 years ago
5 replies
Shraddha Sorte
hotstudio1

JOB: Hot Studio New York is hiring a Principal of Strategy!

Please visit http://www.ixda.org/jobs/principal-strategy/25478 for more information.