Discussion Archive: June 2010

16 Jun 2010 - 3:33pm
Paul Trumble

Re: [IxDA] Berkshire Hathaway. Good Design?

As I work for a Berkshire Hathaway Company, I can tell you that the corporate site is designed as intended.  It's not merely frugality.  The headquarters staff at Berkshire is small only around a dozen people.  That site is easily maintained. 

16 Jun 2010 - 12:48pm
4 years ago
4 replies
steveszigeti

Seeking participants: share your thoughts about web interface design

I’m posting to ask for your help in a study regarding design guidelines and web interface design.

16 Jun 2010 - 3:26am
Hendrik Sommerfeldt

[EVENT] BADA DevCon in Frankfurt/Germany june 25th 2010

In case you havent heard: Samsung Germany organizes an exclusve developer conference in Frankfurt/Germany on June 25th. The event is happening at the world famous cocoon club (http://www.cocoonclub.net). Platform innovators from the Samsung mobile innovation centers in London and Seoul will speak and give insight into the new platform and the ecosystem they plan to build around it. Tickets are full sponsored (aka free). Get more info and registration (in German only) at http://www.samsungdeveloperday.de.

15 Jun 2010 - 4:35pm
+2
4 years ago
1 reply
jkolko

IxDA interaction11 - Call For Participation

http://www.ixda.org/interaction/index.html

IxDA’s Interaction11 Conference
February 9-12, 2011 (Wednesday through Saturday)
Boulder, Colorado, USA

presented by IxDA in partnership with Boulder Digital Works (BDW)

==========
IMPORTANT DATES
[Note: All dates are different from Interaction’10]

August 1, 2010
Presentation Proposals Due

August 15, 2010
Student Design Competition Submissions Due

September 1, 2010
Acceptance Notices Sent

September 15, 2010

15 Jun 2010 - 2:56pm
4 years ago
4 replies
jrrogan

Re: [IxDA] Berkshire Hathaway. Good Design?

That is too funny!   I believe Berkshire Hathaway simply does not make money from it's corporate website, thus it does not need to spend excess capital on this site.   note it is somewhat usable in that it highlights the basics of Bershire that a user would need to know about.   I especially love Jewelry and car insurance links at the bottom of the page.   Rich

15 Jun 2010 - 12:03pm
4 years ago
18 replies
n41media

Berkshire Hathaway. Good Design?

I find the official homepage of Berkshire Hathaway interesting (I'm sorry, I would love to put a link to it but this discussion tool won't let me). This is a company that has over $350 billion in assets, revenue of over $100 billion annually, and owns companies such as Dairy Queen and Fruit of the Loom. Yet, their website looks like it was designed by a grade 10 class.

15 Jun 2010 - 9:13am
4 years ago
5 replies
hkimida

Apple HTML TypeFace

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know what typeface has been used on the Apple website?

Thank you for your replay in advance,

HJ

15 Jun 2010 - 4:14am
4 years ago
4 replies
Stew Dean

Re: [IxDA] transition to ipad - no hover - behaviors unclear - ideas?

On 15 June 2010 04:50, elvenmuse <vincenzi@lavabit.com> wrote:

I think that it is important to note (although I'm not 100% sure), that
the technology can be used to simulate hovers: getting near (but not "in
touch/contact" with) the MT screen can activate a hover animation.
15 Jun 2010 - 3:04am
Ishita

Project Sponsorship

Dear Friends,

On behalf of my friend, I am writing this mail to Design Groups, She is doing her design graduation from Famous D-school in HCI / Interaction, If any wants to sponsor the class room - design projects or Involve her in ongoing Project or wants her to ship out your Professional Projects so they are welcome,

She is currently carrying professional work experience of around 4-5 years in interaction and visual design prior to the degree,

Regards,

Ishita Jindal

BFA- MFA
DCA

15 Jun 2010 - 3:04am
Ishita

Project Sponsorship

Dear Friends,

On behalf of my friend, I am writing this mail to Design Groups, She is doing her design graduation from Famous D-school in HCI / Interaction, If any wants to sponsor the class room - design projects or Involve her in ongoing Project or wants her to ship out your Professional Projects so they are welcome,

She is currently carrying professional work experience of around 4-5 years in interaction and visual design prior to the degree,

Regards,

Ishita Jindal

BFA- MFA
DCA