Discussion Archive: April 2010

27 Apr 2010 - 11:42am
4 years ago
5 replies
Elana Glazer

Mobile User Experience

Looking for some recent resources on mobile user experience.

Anyone have links or research to share?

Here's one.. http://www.adaptivepath.com/blog/2009/01/07/three-mobile-user-experience-trends-to-watch-in-2009/

Thanks!

27 Apr 2010 - 7:44am
Matt Nish-Lapidus

Job Postings and Discussions

Hi Everybody,

I'm very happy to see that, despite some ongoing issues, there are still lots of discussions happening and great participation on the site.

27 Apr 2010 - 4:27am
4 years ago
6 replies
kishor

Looking for e-commerce website best paractices

Hi all,

I'm looking for some resource for best practices for designing e-commerce sites. If anyone of you can suggest me some links or something, it'll be great.

Thanks in advance.

~ Kishor

26 Apr 2010 - 11:47am
4 years ago
4 replies
Al Di

Service Design

Hi,

lately I'm getting more interested in Service Design as a field to get deeper into

and even think about it as a future Job, " Service Designer " Now I'm wondering :

26 Apr 2010 - 9:26am
4 years ago
1 reply
Dave Malouf

Open Systems: How would you define? What are your favorite examples? Are they always appropriate?

Hey gang,

I've been doing a bit of thinking about "open systems". This is not the same thing (though related to) open source. In fact, I've been thinking of how IxDA itself exemplifies a lot of the properties of an open system.

I'm curious what people think about open systems: how do you define them for yourself and what are the examples you point to? What are examples when they are not appropriate?

26 Apr 2010 - 6:53am
+2
4 years ago
2 replies
fataha

Need Input - Generation Y Interactions

Dear all,

Greetings from Holland!

25 Apr 2010 - 1:54pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Karl Proctor

Human Performance (Limitations) - State of the Art/Literature review

Hi Guys,

I'm just coming to the end of my first year in my Phd (in Human Factors) and as many of us have probably done, I have to write a report concerning the current state of the art, which will also serve as the first chapter of my future thesis.  I've done the usual trawling on google and journal sites and found some useful stuff, but was wondering what you guys in industry have found too, either from your own personal or company research and also from your own searches on the web.

24 Apr 2010 - 11:13pm
4 years ago
5 replies
bluz

Msc. Interactive System Design @Nottingham Vs Msc. HCI @Lancaster UK

I'm interested in both courses.I can't decide which course is the best for me.

University of Nottingham is more well-known for international but Lancaster is more industrial-base.

I'm an oversea student.I want to know more information about both courses and university reputation.

Please help me to compare these courses.

thank you.

http://www.virart.nottingham.ac.uk/ISD/index.html

http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/study/pg/hci/

24 Apr 2010 - 3:37pm
4 years ago
12 replies
WebBizDesigns

Looking For Axure Wire Frame Expert

Hi,

Our organization is looking for an wire frame / web prototype / web architect who is experienced in Axure.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

They are able to work remote

Jeff

24 Apr 2010 - 2:28am
netwiz

Impact of banner advertising on the host site

There are any number of articles, sites, views, agencies etc with information about how to make online advertising more effective. There's a distinct lack of information relating to the impact of ads on the host site. We know that users will say that they don't like things like popups, eyeblasters, and animations - but does it, and how does it, impact actual behaviour.