Discussion Archive: April 2010

3 Apr 2010 - 8:37am
Andy Polaine

Creative Waves - COTEN Call for Participants

Hi all - I know some of you can't bear the term service design, but I also know many of you (like me) find it very much akin to your IxD or UX work. I could do with some help spreading the word on a collaborative online project I'm running based on a series that we have done over annually called Creative Waves.

2 Apr 2010 - 12:58am
4 years ago
2 replies
Zareen

Request for advice to undergraduate Industrial Engineers (Human Factors Stream)

HI all,

I am currently in my 3rd year in Industrial Engineering at University of Toronto and am going through the job hunt to look for a full year internship in the area of Interface design,  information architecture and usbiliherty analysis.

However Im finding it extremely frustrating that there are no (might be an exaggeration) internships out there for undergraduates. They all seem to require masters degree or experience.

1 Apr 2010 - 7:44pm
Tony J. Brown Ph.D.

Eye-Tracking Experiences with Tobii

Anyone have significant experience with Tobii eye-tracking?  I'd be interested in any experience you've had performing studies and evaluating technology solutions... 

Any thoughts on evaluations with TV ads, iPhone apps, websites, etc???

1 Apr 2010 - 4:30pm
+2
4 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
stevejtansley

Sixth Sense Technology

This is very incredible.  I am sure you all may have seen this if not it's utterly amazing.http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tv/TED-India-Pranav-Mistry/videoshow_ted/5231080.cms

1 Apr 2010 - 1:59pm
3 years ago
8 replies
iheartusers
1 Apr 2010 - 1:31pm
4 years ago
6 replies
DamonV

Usable Open Source Survey Tool?

Hello. Is anyone familiar with a usable open source tool for creating web surveys? It should support some basic IF/THEN logic for dynamic questions.Thanks! Damon

1 Apr 2010 - 11:32am
4 years ago
2 replies
corey pressman

ePub, iPad, iBook, ID

Anyone know anyone with solid experience converting/creating interactive texts in ePub, preferable using In Design?  We've some clients asking for iPad iBooks and are looking for someone to help and/or share best practices...

1 Apr 2010 - 10:45am
4 years ago
10 replies
garnold8509

Industrial Designers Switch to HCI

Hi

I originally posted to this portal because I was looking for oppurtunities to expand on my Interior and Industrial Design experience.

1 Apr 2010 - 4:57am
+1
4 years ago
8 replies
Sebastian Deterding

Checkout processes in online shopping: Guidelines/good examples?

Dear all,

I am currently working on a report on best practices in the design of checkout processes in online shopping and would love your input.I've searched the obvious places (IXDA archives, alistapart, boxesandarrows, uxmatters, smahsingmagazine), & there are some obvious good places to start:

1 Apr 2010 - 4:00am
4 years ago
16 replies
thomasglaeser

HCI in Sci-Fi movies

I´m going to write an article about the influence of interfaces and interactions from hollywood movies for interaction designers. I found a really nice paper about it: www.butz.org/publications/papers/hci-scifi.pdf