Discussion Archive: April 2010

29 Apr 2010 - 10:07pm
Terms:
Stephen Collins

Re: [IxDA] AB testing non-public low-fi prototypes

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:32 AM, lisa herrod wrote: > Just wondering if anyone has conducted AB testing on > prototypes? As we're reviewing low-fi prototypes they can't be linked > to the client domain.

Paper or electronic?

I did some recent low-fi/mid-fi testing using Silverback, which worked really nicely. Of course, you're limited to Mac. Not sure what the Windows equivalent would be.

> My personal preference is to do one-to-one interviews but I need to review > this as an option.

Yours and mine both.

29 Apr 2010 - 6:42pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
lisa herrod

AB testing non-public low-fi prototypes

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has conducted AB testing on prototypes? As we're reviewing low-fi prototypes they can't be linked to the client domain.

My personal preference is to do one-to-one interviews but I need to review this as an option.

I'm aware of Ethnio but the client does not want to take this approach of recruiting directly from the site.

29 Apr 2010 - 2:13pm
4 years ago
1 reply
DrWex

Re: [IxDA] IXDA notifictions - privacy issue

Hi Matt

Just a data point to let you know that I also got the flood of Out Of Office messages and I did NOT post a message to the site. It might have been a response to an email I sent via the list - I dunno. Just a data point.

Best, --Alan

29 Apr 2010 - 11:02am
4 years ago
5 replies
dom.latham

Use cases and usability testing

We use RUP to manage our development lifecycle which means our requirements are written in the form of "use cases". These are short user-centric functional deliverables.

Does anybody have any experience of using RUP documentation, and specifically use cases, as a structure for usability testing? It seems like it would be a good fit and tidy way to organise things.

29 Apr 2010 - 10:39am
4 years ago
3 replies
Mike Starr

IXDA email fail; IXDA website fail

So this morning I got an email message with the subject "Event notification for Mike Starr from IxDA" and the entire content was "A item to which you are subscribed has been updated" (not a link).

I have no idea what that item I'm subscribed to is. So I go to the website and since this was my first interaction with the website since the overhaul, I have to go through the whole process of requesting a password change since I did not previously have one. So 20 minutes later, I'm logged on to the website. Cool.

29 Apr 2010 - 10:07am
4 years ago
1 reply
Ania Powers

IXDA notifictions - privacy issue

Not sure where to address this...

I've changed some settings of email notifications today and, as a result, I suddenly reveived dozens "out of office" autoresponders informing me, which member is on maternity/paternity leave, which is no longer with his/her company, which just took vacation etc.

29 Apr 2010 - 9:16am
4 years ago
1 reply
Anne Hjortshoj

IXDA event notification?

Hello IXDA volunteers/admins,

Any idea what this could mean? If not, throw it on the bug pile, I guess.

29 Apr 2010 - 7:01am
+1
thomasyung

Careers in IXD, UX, UI, HCI at Mayo Clinic

I live in Rochester MN, and I'm trying to reach out to any IxDA members that work at Mayo Clinic to see if they can help answer some career related questions. 

29 Apr 2010 - 3:38am
Sean Pook

Automotive User Experience and Mobile User Experience groups

Hi all,

I mentioned in passing in anothe thread the Mobile User Experience group I setup on linked in and got some very positive responses from interested parties, so I thought I'd also make you all aware about the Automotive User Experience group also.

I think Automotive UX will be a very exciting field over the next five years and it kind of feels like the MUX market was many years ago.

FYI I don't profit from the groups at all so I hope this doesn't appear as promotion, as the groups are there to benefit the members.

29 Apr 2010 - 3:04am
Terms:
makabde

RIA Usage Datas

Hi @all,

I am currently looking for links to studies and datas about RIA usages and especially new usages on SaaS applications and web 2.0  websites.
I would like to find demographic data on how users perceive functions and tools like drag and drop, widgets, dashboard, etc.

In advance, many thanks for your help

Makram