20 Mar 2010 - 12:22pm
+1
4 years ago
10 replies
Terms:
Kevin Cannon

Creating UI Spec - Improving my workflow

Hey all,

I'm doing a lot of UI specs these days and prodiving very detail descriptions and info to developers who are building the apps i'm designing. Here's a rough sample of the type of thing I mean:

style_guide_example.gif

20 Mar 2010 - 10:50am
4 years ago
3 replies
Dave Malouf

Tell me your IxDA Stories

hello IxDAers,

I'm in the midst of a project and I'd appreciate it if I can get your contributions to help me. I am in the midst of writing about what makes IxDA special and I thought there is no better way to tell the tale then by collecting the stories from its members.

20 Mar 2010 - 1:31am
owrange

Resources for Interaction Design

I'm currently reading the 'About Interface 3,' which actually leads me to this organization. I've read a few interaction-design related books but it's only with about face that I realized that usability, aesthetics and interaction design are not the same. I mean they are related but not the same. I used to interchange them. Anyway, I am newbie to this software design though I've been 'bug tester' for years already so I was from the 'design is all about 'ease-of-use' camp.' In short, my 'knowledge-level' is superficial.

19 Mar 2010 - 9:46pm
+1
3 years ago
8 replies
Fred Celestino

Youtube new interface

Hello there,

Anyone noticed the redesign on Youtube's player page? I would like to ask what your views are on that.

With plenty of mouse-over events, fade in-outs, reorganized information and the end of internal scroll bar for related content, I personally think it's a good and strategic step towards HTML 5 capabilities that will soon be official and support video plus richer design patterns. But that's just a quick superficial analysis.

Regards,

Fred.

19 Mar 2010 - 2:26pm
Amit Bhagat

IP and Country based redirection

Hi Friends

Please see that I have two website on single domain one is for local client and one is for international.

We are checking local or internation redirection on index page of website, with this way local client redirect to local website directory and internation redirected to internationa directory.

But the main problem is If user search in google and our internationl website pages are show in result. Local client is able to view internation web page. we don't want to show our international web pages to our local client.

19 Mar 2010 - 12:07pm
Terms:
dlines

UX Training

Hi All,

I am considering some UX training and am interested in either the CUA training offered by HFI or the UXD "Mini-Masters" program at Rutgers. Any thoughts on either of these programs? Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time or money to put into this training but am looking for a good overview program and something that I can put on my resume.

Thanks in advance for your input; here are links to both programs:

HFI - http://humanfactors.com/home/usability.asp
Rutgers - http://rate.rutgers.edu/programs/uxd-user-experience-design

19 Mar 2010 - 12:04pm
4 years ago
3 replies
Justin Davis

Helping users through a big transition

I know that the days of the "big redesign" are largely over, giving way to smaller, more iterative approaches to improving a site's experience.  However, there are still instances when a total makeover is requested or required by the client.

18 Mar 2010 - 8:47pm
tk1974

Req Pro

Hi

Has anyone used ReqPro... ? I am new to user interface design and not famliliar with this tool.

Tom

Boston, MA

UserZoom_Matt

UserZoom Website

Hello IXDAers,

We are proud to inform you that UserZoom.com has just gotten a facelift and a full makeover.  Now chocked full of great information on how we conduct remote user experience research, our site is a great resource for anyone who wants to learn more about about the art of remote user testing.  

18 Mar 2010 - 7:47pm
4 years ago
6 replies
Archana

UX to Developer ratio

What is the ratio of UX individuals to developers in your organizations? I realize that the timeline of a given project, size of the project etc has an effect on this number. I just want to get a general idea of the trend of this ratio today. Further, what do you think it should be? If you could mention the size of your company, that would give me a  better idea too.