Discussion Archive: March 2010

25 Mar 2010 - 5:53pm
milan

OT: French-german bank logo / IxDA resemblance

After taking over the activities of Citi in Germany, French Crédit Mutuel introduced a new brand for its bank, designed by agency RotherPechstein.

A remarkable resemblance...
http://www.targobank.de

25 Mar 2010 - 4:28pm
4 years ago
4 replies
Terms:
kimbieler

Guidance for local leaders?

I'm curious if IxDA has any official guidance for local leaders, or is this just completely ad hoc?

I'm happy to wing it, but if there are any by-laws, organizing principles, governing structures, or efforts to impose consistency from above, I'd love to know about them. 

Thanks.

25 Mar 2010 - 3:56pm
+1
4 years ago
6 replies
Drausio R. Haddad

Adobe CS5 launching April 12 with a new tool for Interaction Designers

Hello All,

There are some new tools from Adobe coming together with the launch of CS5, which it takes place April 12.
Flash Catalyst is one of them, which it seems to be a tool totally based on our community (interaction designers)

If you didn't see it yet, check it out the adobe labs link: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashcatalyst/ and have fun

Cheers,

Drausio

25 Mar 2010 - 5:01am
+1
4 years ago
9 replies
Terms:
Katy Webster

Toggle buttons - what icon function to display?

I was looking for your opinions on toggle buttons: should the icon on the toggle button describe the consequence of pressing the button, or should it describe the current state  (in this specific case, open/closed for adding data to)?

24 Mar 2010 - 6:16pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Aynne Valencia

IxDASF other organizations and Design Thinking

Last year, IxDA SF, AIGA SF(Graphic Design Association), and IDSA SF (Industrial Design Association) came together for a program/competition focused on sustainable design called Digging Deeper.

24 Mar 2010 - 5:05pm
Samantha Starmer

[PLUG] Designing Across Channels - IA Summit Pre-con Session

Want to expand your  design influence?  Read on!

24 Mar 2010 - 8:18am
4 years ago
14 replies
gejoreni

HCI programming Recommendations

I am a psych student preparing to apply to HCI masters programs. I currently have very little programming background and would like to take some courses before I apply. I was hoping you might have some advice as to which language will be the most beneficial for me to concentrate on. Programming, C#, C++, java, Visual Basic

Or is the something I am missing?

24 Mar 2010 - 4:15am
4 years ago
3 replies
Bowen Hendy

Money management tools

Hi all,

Could any one suggest examples of banks which have utilised the likes of mint.com or yodlee with in their web based solutions?

Thanks

23 Mar 2010 - 2:13pm
+1
4 years ago
3 replies
Marty DeAngelo

Getting Involved IxD11 Boulder

I wanted to get involved with planning for IxD11 - how would I go about it?

Marty DeAngelo
Director, UX
Digitas Health - Philadelphia
23 Mar 2010 - 11:20am
+2
arnoland

Prototyping Definition

Hi Everyone,

I have distilled the definition of prototyping, from a UX perspective, not a dictionary one. Anyway, it was part of a three part blog entry on my blog and I would be interested in your feedback and comments.