Discussion Archive: March 2010

2 Mar 2010 - 4:08pm
4 years ago
7 replies
John Walker

Nielsen Norman Group Usability Conference--Ever attended?

I am a print guy looking to educate himself further in digital design, user experience etc and am considering attend some days of the Nielsen Norman Group Usability Conference here in NYC (http://www.nngroup.com/events/new_york/agenda.html). Just wondered if anyone had feedback on their conferences--I am new to this, but they seem to be about the best group out there offering this sort of experience. They look great, but I am footing the bill so I thought I would ask around, thanks!

Aynne Valencia

"Good" (in the social/humanitarian/responsibility sense) Interaction Design

I am working on an event in San Francisco called "Forces for Good: Activism + Interaction"

This event will be in conjunction with Design Week SF and is centered around showcasing interaction/product/web/ work from folks who are using their design skills to convey a large socio-political message or to provoke positive social change.
We want to have a eveneing event and then follow up with a weekend workshop of a multi-disciplinary collaborative design-a-thon.

Some great examples I know of are:
http://www.ushahidi.com/

2 Mar 2010 - 12:49pm
4 years ago
19 replies
Aynne Valencia

Teaching Interaction Design

I will be teaching an Interaction Design course this summer. I want to make sure my students will get practical, up to date and actionable skills they can take out to the world after they graduate so, my intention is to have them work on as many portfolio projects as time allows and work together on small teams.
So I can give them the broadest view I wanted to get some feedback from the community on:

1. ideas or themes for projects

2 Mar 2010 - 9:51am
4 years ago
7 replies
Renata Phillippi

Multiple Add to Cart/List in eCommerce

Hi all - 

I am looking for some sites/examples where users are allowed to add multiple items to a cart or wishlist at the same time from search results/browsing rather than having to drill down to product detail. Does anyone have any ideas/examples?

Thanks in advance!

Renata

2 Mar 2010 - 5:45am
+3
4 years ago
4 replies
Dave Malouf

Is service "managing cultural complexity"?

I know there is a lot of debate as to whether service design is not just IxD. I don't are (anymore). The reality is that even IxD is an emergent cross-disciplinary field that at earlier points in its history could be totally confused for previously existing design disciplines and engineering practices. But considering the size and breadth of this community with various affinities it is clear as Morpheus said, "We are here." That's sorta how I see Service Design (they need an abbreviation; is SD good enough? for now it will be). 

1 Mar 2010 - 3:50pm
4 years ago
4 replies
Niklas Mortensen

IXDA Oslo Meet-up

Dear Colleagues!

IXDA Oslo is finally under way, and we want to start by inviting our fellow Interactionists to an after-work beer at Soria Moria Bistro on Wednesday March 10th.

We want to use this opportunity to meet the IXD community in Oslo and get your input on what IXDA Oslo should be and how we best can create a social and professional platform for Interaction Designers in and around Oslo.

1 Mar 2010 - 2:42pm
4 years ago
9 replies
iheartusers

What is the best way to merge qualitative and quantitative data?

Good Afternoon IXDA…

I could really use your expertise to help me answer this question…

1 Mar 2010 - 1:19pm
4 years ago
18 replies
Elizabeth Bacon

Transition support for new IxDA.org

Hi folks,

Thanks again for everybody's patience and understanding as we work out the kinks and communicate some of the features of the new Discussion forum & mailing list. This thread is a place to ask questions & get answers!

One question at the top of many people's lists is: How do I get digest delivery?