Discussion Archive: March 2010

3 Mar 2010 - 7:36pm
4 years ago
1 reply
tSherrell

Looking for a correct term for Use Case 01 Landing Page.

I am producing IA/UX for a SaaS and need to obtain research specific to the typical layout of a Use Case 01 landing page with call-to-action.

Specifically, my client wants an initial landing page with two calls-to-action buttons with the same visual weight. His justification is that both will eventually lead down conversion paths (one directly to signup, the second to more information). All information I can find advises this has the opportunity to cause some confusion which can hamper conversion rates.

3 Mar 2010 - 1:46pm
+3
Stephanie Aaron

SVA MFA in Interaction Design Lecture Series in NYC March 10, 6:30-8:30 PM

Join us for the next in our series of lectures featuring speakers giving ten-minute talks.

This month’s topic:

“The Tablet”

3 Mar 2010 - 12:55pm
4 years ago
2 replies
Matt Haltom

Omnigraffle Export Master

I've been working on some mock-ups & wireframes and was looking to export them to imagemap html using Omnigraffle.  I've run into the problem that I cant seem to find a way to get layers I've included in my canvas using the "show/hide layer" click function in Omnigraffle to transfer over to the html imagemap version after export.

Does anyone know how to get this to work OR know of another method of exporting from Omnigraffle that will include the show/hide clicking of layers? :)

thx UI peeps.

3 Mar 2010 - 4:49am
16 weeks ago
12 replies
Alex Morris

Centred Layout Vs Left Aligned

One of those old chestnuts that keeps rearing its head in discussion with client and/or the visual design team.

Left aligned (fixed width) sites are evil right? ;-)

Anyone got any evidence to the contrary?

Love to hear your thoughts.

Alex

3 Mar 2010 - 3:05am
3 years ago
9 replies
Oskar Spångberg

Useful workshop methods for students

Hi!

I´m currently studying Digital Media at the international school of Hyper Island in Stockholm, Sweden.

Me and some fellow students feels very passionate about interaction design but are missing it in the schools curriculum, and we are now starting up something what can only be described as the Dead Poets Society, but for interaction design.

3 Mar 2010 - 12:32am
4 years ago
19 replies
Elizabeth Bacon

Known issues with IxDA Discussion

Hi folks,

We are indeed experiencing some major bumps in the transition to our new website, mainly around Discussion/email integration. Primarily, many people who had previously unsubscribed from emails were inadvertently given a subscription that delivers emails. Additionally, the "Daily" send interval that we thought would behave like the former website's "digest" option is not behaving as expected.

2 Mar 2010 - 9:16pm
Allan Caeg

1st Southeast Asia Network of Ergonomics Societies Conference (SEANES 2010)

Hi everyone, 

I'd like to invite you to the 1st Southeast Asia Network of Ergonomics Societies Conference (SEANES 2010) on Dec 14-17, 2010 in Cebu City, Philippines. The theme is Linking Ergonomics and Organizational Strategy. Areas of interest include: Human-Centered Design, Usability, Human-Computer Interaction, Office Ergonomics, etc.

The submission of abstracts is on March 15, 2010 and you can send them to firstseanesconference@gmail.com . 

2 Mar 2010 - 7:07pm
+2
1 week ago
8 replies
Terms:
bmeunier

Rating: Like vs Stars

Here an example for two similar products: one received 100 «like» by buyers vs the other product received an average rating of 2 stars out of 3 by 200 buyers. Which one do you buy?

2 Mar 2010 - 6:27pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Tanarra

Looking for Great Registration/Purchase Paths

Hi, I am working on creating a streamlined, potentially integrated registration/purchase process for an online subscription product. Does anyone have any recommendations on site with clean, simple purchase paths ala Netflix?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tanarra