Discussion Archive: March 2010

5 Mar 2010 - 6:20pm
4 years ago
8 replies
jennfish40

Good alternative to accordions?

Can anyone suggest an alternative to accordions that breaks a workflow into chunks but still allows the user to have multiple sections open at a time?

5 Mar 2010 - 5:41pm
4 years ago
9 replies
Rogert Münzberg
5 Mar 2010 - 3:15pm
Tony J. Brown Ph.D.
5 Mar 2010 - 2:24pm
+1
19 weeks ago
25 replies
tdellaringa

Creating Design Documents for an iPhone App

Another iPhone app question for you folks. Interally we got the go ahead to run with our app. To get this far I had used vector and photoshop assets found on the web to create concept screens, which worked quite well. Basically I made comps in Illustrator and imported them into InDesign with very little annotation at this point (again just concepts.)

oozcan

how to give a start for you innovation !

As a creative web designer, you will probably jobless in the near future; because variety of web layouts, iconography and interactivity has already invented and tested within the past 20 years. You may only experiment new graphic styles; but not more then that…  Regardless, your boss, your customers or the users still demand on your innovations to be impressed, but it isn’t so easy as before.

4 Mar 2010 - 9:27pm
35 weeks ago
6 replies
Gene Lu

Any IxD Internships in Asia this Summer?

So the 1st year of grad school is coming to an end and I was wondering if anyone knew of any IxD internships going on in Asia. I've had my share of NYC (for now) and would love to get some experience outside of the States. Any suggestions? (btw, 1st ixda post!)

4 Mar 2010 - 4:47pm
4 years ago
3 replies
Terms:
Robert Racadio

Coursework in Localization

Hello -

I have the option of taking a localization course next quarter for my masters program, but I'm on the fence as to whether I should register for it.  I'd like to get a better understanding of how valuable a localization skillset is to IxD practice.

Here are some of my questions:

4 Mar 2010 - 11:37am
4 years ago
8 replies
tdellaringa

Invitation to scroll on iphone pages

Well, what a nice shiny new site. I like it!

I'm working on an iphone app and one issue we have come across is that we have a few pages where content ends at the bottom of the screen, but there is more content available via scrolling. Because nothing is overlapping the bottom of the screen, there is really no invitation to scroll. Unless you simply try it because you know pages on the iphone can scroll, you'd miss the content.

While we could design the page so that the stuff at the bottom overlaps, it's actually a list of actionable items and we want them to be visible.

4 Mar 2010 - 9:09am
Marek Pawlowski

MEX User Experience Awards now open for entries

The 2010 MEX Awards are now open for entry.  The Awards recognises the cutting edge of innovation in mobile and multi-platform user experience:

http://mobileuserexperience.com/mexdesign/

Entry is free, online and open to everyone.  The deadline is 23:00 GMT on Friday, 30th April 2010.

Now in its 3rd year, the MEX Awards provides a global platform for user experience pioneers to showcase their talents.

4 Mar 2010 - 7:50am
9 weeks ago
5 replies
miamourier

Best practice and/or thoughts on using videos in e-commerce website?

Aloha! 

I'm looking for inspiration on how to use video in a "new and creative way".

My client has acknowledged the importance of video. (Great!) and would like to use video in a new and improved way on their e-commerce site! (But how!?)

So, here I am... Looking for best practices on using video in both product presentation AND in order to generate traffic to the website. The site is a large e-commerce site with all kinds of products to your house; from furniture to arts and crafts...