Discussion Archive: March 2010

10 Mar 2010 - 6:06am
William Hudson

Motivational fish

Feel like you’re always swimming upstream to get UX earlier in your projects? See my blog post on the ‘UX Salmon’ –

http://www.syntagm.co.uk/design/blog/?p=100

10 Mar 2010 - 5:07am
3 years ago
18 replies
josef

Thoughts on HTML prototyping before design?

I am currently working on an HTML prototype using IxEdit (New window) (by the way it's a great tool) to add interactions. Thoughts on the process of:

10 Mar 2010 - 2:55am
Puja

It is less than 2 weeks to go for the India HCI 2010 / Interaction Design for International Development 2010.

It is less than 2 weeks to go for the India HCI 2010 / Interaction Design for International Development 2010.

10 Mar 2010 - 12:48am
4 years ago
3 replies
Adrian Severynen

Best Indesign book for wireframing

So I've decided to switch from Omnigraffle to Indesign, mainly to use Eight Shapes Unify and become more productive.

Any ideas on the best books to get me up to speed?

Thanks,

Adrian

9 Mar 2010 - 11:50am
Terms:
Bonnie.Potter a...
9 Mar 2010 - 5:23am
oozcan

[REPORT] New Provocative Courseware for New Media / Interactive Media Design

Dear  Member
I completed the first result of new innovative method in interactive design education.

8 Mar 2010 - 7:31am
Uidude

Pricing info options in cart page

There is a service (content) based product whose pricing varies across countries as the amount of product content differs country to country. Users are likely to choose to buy the product meant for his/her country for best value, but pricing is by default defined in US dollars irrespective of the country. There is VAT added for EU customers alone.

1. Are there any research or good cart design examples similar to above such scenarios?

8 Mar 2010 - 7:13am
4 years ago
11 replies
Chris Collingridge

Inspirational, persuasive speaker recommendations?

My organisation is giving some time to thinking about how we develop attitudes towards UCD, usability and a user experience focus within the company. While we're doing lots of stuff at "ground-level" and there  is lots of executive support, we're looking to reach out to the many developers, testers, analysts and managers involved in software development.

8 Mar 2010 - 1:34am
4 years ago
5 replies
Chris McLay

Coming to Vancouver

Hi all, I'm heading to Vancouver next week for a holiday and to explore the city and surrounds.

Does anyone have any recommendations of things a travelling Interaction Designer must do, or placed they should visit?

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks, Chris